The Restricted Electrical Licence Course is open those looking to up-skill and gain a Restricted Electrical Licence in relation to their Plumbing and or Type A gas fitting skill set.
I am a licenced plumber only, how do I get a restricted electrical licence !
Why choose Bizmatrix ?
Answer: We make certain you get the right training and learning experience-
- To get qualified and licensed.
- To be current with restricted electrical for the real World.
All our restricted electrical courses , include Test and tag, we start all the training with the test and tag subject , so you learn the basics of electrical and the safety side.
The first step – Before you commit-
– Do you have the trade ( EG: Qualified Plumber currently licenced! YES then the next step.
– You are required to get a training permit before you register with Bizmatrix! The below webpage has more details.
Why does Bizmatrix need your permit?
To tell us what units / subjects you can do !
– -So you have the PERMIT – then you can register and complete the Bizmatrix restricted electrical course.
What is the commitment / price for the training ?
– -The minimum investment- $1990 GST FREE
– Is there funding available- Yes CSQ funding . ( conditions apply)
–-Included in the investment
– -1/Test and tag unit, 2/WHS unit and 3/Disconnect and reconnect 250 VAC subject 4/ logbook for Disconnect/reconnect
– -Online learning and assessments approximately 15-25 hrs before attending the face to face.
– -Face to face Practical/assessments- Test and tag day- Disconnect and reconnect two days . ( These three days available each month)
– -Complete the logbook with your employer- approximately 4-8 jobs for Disconnect -reconnect ( over a 3 months period)
When the above is complete – we Bizmatrix issue the relevant forms and documents.
– Statement of attainment and the test and tag wallet card.
– Form 39 the final sign off sent to the Electrical Safety Office.
– Complete the application for the Restricted electrical Licence.
– Receive your CSQ funding – if you applied and completed the training.
So why chose Bizmatrix ! To achieve your Restricted Electrical Licence – the right way .
Below is the full details for Restricted electrical licence courses and how to get the permit and the registration.
Who can do it?
Licenced Plumbers – Must hold a current plumbers licence
Eligible for all units as below, this will depend on your training permit and needs eligibility
- Disconnect and reconnect low voltage electrical circuits
- Locate & Rectify faults in low voltage electrical circuits
- Attach Plugs and cords
How to get a Restricted Electrical Licence as a plumber !
1-Get your Training Permit (1st ) First
– You are required to have a Training permit from the Queensland Electrical Safety Office.
– Find out how to make an application for your restricted electrical permit here.
Permit application requirements.
– Certificate III in plumbing and or current plumbers licence
– Your need to do incidental electrical work as a plumber.
– Required a letter from your employer or a (statutory Declaration if self employed) which needs to list the appliances in your call of trade and the voltages and why you need an electrical licence.
Note: You can only disconnect and reconnect , locate and rectify electrical all hot water systems
WHAT CAN YOU DO AS A RESTRICTED ELECTRICAL LICENCED PLUMBER
– Only Hot Water systems / electrical systems in the hot water system.
– Disconnect and reconnect HOT WATER SYSTEMS 250 VAC or (up to 415VAC if there is a need)
– Locate rectify faults in HOT WATER SYSTEMS 250 VAC or (up to 415VAC if there is a need)
– Replacement of the appliance like for like
– Replacement or fitting of plugs and cords on HOT WATER SYSTEMS only ( Includes heat pumps)
– Test and tag appliances
2-Got the Permit- Now the Electrical training at Bizmatrix.
RESTRICTED ELECTRICAL LICENCE COURSE
Those who hold a restricted electrical permit can complete this training course (obtained through the Queensland Electrical Safety Office), permit application can be made here. Only those with a base trade or calling as listed here are eligible otherwise if you have 5 years or more of unstructured experience. These units are selected from the UEE30811 Certificate III in Electrotechnology Electrician.
Find out how to make an application for your restricted electrical permit here.
The training delivery time will vary; it will depend on the quantity of electrical units that student receives on their permit.
When you have your permit- then sign up for your course.
|OPTION 1-PLUMBING SKILL SET- Ideal for Plumbers seeking a restricted electrical Only HOT WATER UNITS Disconnect and reconnect 250VAC||$1,990 GST Free|
+ $200 Option
|Option 2- PLUMBER SKILL SET – Disconnect/Reconnect /Locate Rectify HOT WATER UNITS ONLY 250VAC ||$2,600 GST Free|
+ $200 Option
|Option 3- GAS FITTER / PLUMBER SKILL SET – HOT WATER UNITS – Disconnect/Reconnect /Locate Rectify 415VAC||$2,900 GST Free|
|5. Add Attach Cords and Plugs 230Vac $200 UEENEEP024A + Logbook||+ $200 Option|
The Restricted Electrical Training Process at Bizmatrix
Step 1: E-learning online components approximately 3-4 days of online theory
Step 2: Face to Face Training :Once E-Learning is complete, students will come onsite for 3-6 days of comprehensive practical training at Bizmatrix Training Centre, Brendale.
The student must complete the online training within 3 months and attend the practical within a month after completing the online training- the E-learning and face-to-face training must be completed not prior to 2 months and within 6 months.
Step 3: The Logbooks : An on the job logbook is to be completed after attending practical in class training. If the student does not have a supervisor able to sign them off,
Bizmatrix can provide institutional log book experience at an extra cost.
Step 4: The finale sign off : The completion process where you receive your Restricted electrical licence.
CSQ Funding available- for eligible students involved in the construction industry .
Information and registration sheet available when you register or follow this link – Bizmatrix restricted electrical training.
Alternatively just call us directly at 0457 595 888 or 1300 588 749 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org