The Queensland -Restricted Electrical Licence Course is open those looking to up-skill and gain a Restricted Electrical Licence in relation to their Refrigeration / Air-conditioning Mechanics skill set.
I am a Queensland licenced/ qualified Refrigeration / Air-conditioning Mechanics only , how do I get a restricted electrical licence !
You are looking at disconnecting and or reconnecting, fault finding , repairs and maintenance and replacement of refrigeration electrical, or air-conditioning appliances. Replace plugs and cords on refrigeration equipment, then you require a Restricted electrical Licence.
Why do it ?
To perform any electrical work in Queensland you are required to have an electrical licence and follow safe processes as per the Electrical ACT and Regulations and the WHS ACT.
Who can do it?
Licenced / Qualified Refrigeration / Air-conditioning Mechanics – Must hold a current Refrigeration / Air-conditioning Mechanics licence or the full Certificate III qualifications
Eligible for all units as below, this will depend on your training permit and needs eligibility
- Disconnect and reconnect low voltage electrical circuits
- Locate & Rectify faults in low voltage electrical circuits
- Attach Plugs and cords
How to get a Queensland Restricted Electrical Licence as a Refrigeration / Air-conditioning Mechanics !
1-Get your Training Permit (1st ) First
– You are required to have a Training permit from the Queensland Electrical Safety Office.
– Find out how to make an application for your restricted electrical permit here.
Permit application requirements.
( Note all documents needed to be certified by a JP)
– Form 21 application from the Electrical Safety Office
– Certificate III in Refrigeration / Air-conditioning Mechanics and or current licence
– Your need to do incidental electrical work as a Refrigeration / Air-conditioning Mechanics.
– Required a letter from your employer or a (statutory Declaration if self employed) which needs to list the appliances in your call of trade and the voltages and why you need an electrical licence.
Note: You can only disconnect and reconnect , locate and rectify electrical all Refrigeration / Air-conditioning systems
WHAT CAN YOU DO AS A RESTRICTED ELECTRICAL LICENCE for REFRIGERATION / AIR-CONDITIONING MECHANIC
– Only Refrigeration / Air-conditioning systems in the Refrigeration / Air-conditioning appliances/systems.
– Disconnect and reconnect Refrigeration / Air-conditioning Mechanics 250 VAC or (up to 415VAC if there is a need)
– Locate rectify faults in Refrigeration / Air-conditioning Mechanics 250 VAC or (up to 415VAC if there is a need)
– Plugs and cords for Refrigeration / Air-conditioning.
– Replacement of the appliance like for like
– Test and tag appliances
2-Got the Permit- Now the Electrical training at Bizmatrix.
RESTRICTED ELECTRICAL LICENCE COURSE
Those who hold a restricted electrical permit can complete this training course (obtained through the Queensland Electrical Safety Office), permit application can be made here. Only those with a base trade or calling as listed here are eligible otherwise if you have 5 years or more of unstructured experience. These units are selected from the UEE30811 Certificate III in Electrotechnology Electrician.
Find out how to make an application for your restricted electrical permit here.
The training delivery time will vary; it will depend on the quantity of electrical units that student receives on their permit.
When you have your permit- then sign up for your course.
|OPTION 1-REFRIGERATION /AIR-CONDITIONING SKILL SET- Ideal for seeking a restricted electrical Only Refrigeration/Air-conditioning appliances Disconnect and reconnect 250VAC||$1,990 GST Free|
+ $200 Option
|Option 2- REFRIGERATION SKILL SET – Disconnect/Reconnect /Locate Rectify REFRIGERATION/ AIR-CONDITIONING UNITS ONLY 250VAC ||$2,600 GST Free|
+ $200 Option
|Option 3- REFRIGERATION SKILL SET – REFRIGERATION/AIR-CONDITIONING UNITS – Disconnect/Reconnect /Locate Rectify 415VAC||$2,900 GST Free|
|5. Add Attach Cords and Plugs 230Vac $200 UEENEEP024A + Logbook||+ $200 Option|
The Restricted Electrical Training Process at Bizmatrix
Step 1: E-learning online components approximately 3-4 days of online theory
Step 2: Face to Face Training :Once E-Learning is complete, students will come onsite for 4-6 days of comprehensive practical training at Bizmatrix Training Centre, Brendale.
The student must complete the online training within 3 months and attend the practical within a month after completing the online training- the E-learning and face-to-face training must be completed not prior to 2 months and within 6 months.
Step 3: The Logbooks : An on the job logbook is to be completed after attending practical in class training. If the student does not have a supervisor able to sign them off,
Bizmatrix can provide institutional log book experience at an extra cost.
Step 4: The finale sign off : The completion process where you receive your Restricted electrical licence.
Information and registration sheet available when you register or follow this link – Bizmatrix restricted electrical training.
Alternatively just call us directly at 0457 595 888 or 1300 588 749 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org