Students will be required to complete Service Type A and Carry Out Work-based Risk Controls over 8 days of face-to-face (F2F) practical training. These units are delivered during this period, with all theory assessments to be completed online during this period.
For the Estimate and Cost Work/Design and Size units, these are separate courses to be completed online with virtual online classes to support the students. The Size and Design and Estimate and Cost work subjects, can only be started after the Service Type A gas appliances and Carry Out Work-based Risk Controls assessments is completed.
1st Cluster: PGL – Carry out Risk & Service Type A gas appliances
• CPCPCM4011A Carry out work-based risk control processes
• CPCPGS4022A Service Type A gas appliances
Refresher training only for students who have not completed their Certificate III in Gas Fitting training with Bizmatrix.
Approx 30 hrs (Completed prior to F2F Practical)
Seven (7) Days
Online assessments during this period
2nd Cluster: PGL – EST – SIZE – Estimate/cost & Design Size gas installations
• CPCPGS4011C Design and Size Consumer Gas Installations
• CPCPCM4012A Estimate and Cost Work
Online only (Steps 1, 2 & 3)
• Includes virtual class support
• Completion required within 3 months from commencement:
• Approx: 35 hrs Total
Step 1 – Software – Computers and setting up your tools
• Learning how to use a computer and associated software to complete the units
• Approximately 16 hours to complete
» Setting up your laptop:
» How to use Open Office- Word, Calc and Draw.
» Converting to PDF.
» Setting up your file systems.
» Using Spreadsheets effectively.
» How to draw isometrics, plans, and elevation for pipework.
» Assembling estimates and quotes.
» Pipe sizing through electronic templates.
Step 2- Design and size 4 projects
Approximately 10 hrs to complete
» #1 Natural and #2 LP Gas systems single stage.
» #3 Two-stage gas pressure systems LPG /natural
» #4 Caravan RV gas system – Including Materials/tools, take-off sheets, pipe sizing, drawings of the design, a SWMS , JSA and compliance documents.
Each of the four projects will have due dates to be completed, we allow a week between projects.
Step 3- Cost and estimate projects
• Approximately 5-8 hrs to complete
• The student is required to complete 3 estimate and cost projects.
» Using the ‘take-off ‘sheets, supply a quote estimate, project plan, and what compliance will be required for each of the three projects.
These units are designed to be completed together, so the student can use the information from the Design and Size subject to assist in the estimate and cost projects.
Note: Each of the three estimates/cost projects will have due dates to be completed, we allow a week between projects.
Before you book a course:
» Must hold a current Gas Work Licence (Interim) Certified copy required.
» Have a current copy of all the required Australian Gas Standards for your licence.
» Can not commence or enroll until Bizmatrix has a copy of the GWL (Interim)
» Can only commence estimate and cost, size consumer gas pipework on the successful completion of the Service Type A gas appliances & Carry Out work-based risk assessments.
• Understand the online learning and assessment commences on enrolment.
• Plan your study periods and attendance to the regular virtual online classes
» Not required for previous Bizmatrix students who completed Certificate III in gas fitting with 12 months of enrolment.
• Check the due dates for the online learning and the assessments.