This course is designed for persons requiring specific knowledge on Type B gas flues which includes power flues used on Type B gas appliances, installing and commissioning testing industrial Type B gas flues.
The unit is also one of the Canberra ACT licence requirements for Type B restricted gas licensing advancement from restricted to advanced Type B gas licences or any licensed Gas Fitter in the ACT wishing to install Type B gas flues.
This course is designed for those seeking to achieve the licensing requirements in Canberra ACT for a restricted Type B gas appliance licence or other licensing requirements. In some jurisdictions, this unit of competency may form part of accreditation, licensing, legislative, and regulatory or certification requirements.
Additionally the unit maybe undertaken to assist in advancing your skills and knowledge specific to Type B gas Flues, correct installation and commission techniques.
Note: this unit maybe a licence requirement in some areas. It is highly recommended to complete this work if you are accredited for Type B gas works.
The applicant must have a Gas Fitting License or Type B Gas Restricted and or have completed CPCPGS4023B Install, commission and service Type B gas appliance.
Additionally, you will required to have completed or complete first the pre-requisite CPCPCM2043A Carry out WHS requirements. If you have not completed this, we now offer this unit as a separate online unit with the completion of its practical component during the practical session.
On the successful completion of CPCPCM2043A Carry out WHS requirements and the CPCPGS4023B Install, commission and service Type B gas appliance you will be issued with a Statement of Attainment and is one of the requirements for the Advanced Type B gas licence in the ACT.
Students to complete the pre-requisite CPCPCM2043A Carry out WHS requirements unit plus the flue course online learning prior to attending the CPCPGS3050A Install Type B gas appliance flues one-day practical training and assessment course. Upon successful completion of the theory and practical, the student will receive their Statement of Attainment.
Before you book a course:
• Understand the online learning and assessment commences on enrolment.
• The pre-requisite unit must be completed first online.
• Plan your study periods and attendance to the regular virtual online classes
• Allow at least 4 weeks to complete the online learning & assessments.
• Understand all online learning must be completed prior to the face to face (F2F) practical training
• Check the due dates for the online learning and the assessments
• Access to online learning portal and materials
• Australian Standards included: AS/NZS 5601-1-Part 1 & Part 2 AS/NZS1596- AS4575:2019 and several other standards (Free of Charge)
• Required Student Learner Manuals/ textbooks.
• Practical onsite training (where applicable)