• May


  • 2208
  • 0
Gas Licensing Between Australian States

Gas Licensing Between Australian States

Unfortunately, the gas licensing between Australian states varies greatly, which can lead to a lot of confusion and difficulty when moving interstate.

The below infographic gives you an easy understanding of gas licensing between the states.

Gas Licensing Between Australian States

In Queensland, New South Wales, Victoria and Western Australia you are able to hold only a Gas Work Licence – Restricted to Service. However the other states do not recognise this therefore if you have a servicing only licence and try to move interstate in one which does not recognise this licence, you will not be able to work as a serviceman. All states have similar rules for the full (open) gas licence, however some of them are listed under a plumbers licence.

Please note that this is only a guide to licensing and that on some occasions there may be changes we are unaware all. For all licensing information contact you.

For all gas fitting licences and registrations

Energy Safety www.energysafety.wa.gov.au

QLD Department of Natural Resources and Mines https://www.dnrm.qld.gov.au 

SA Office of Consumer and Business Affairs www.ocba.sa.gov.au/licensing

TAS Department of Justice


ACT ACT Planning and Land Authority www.actpla.act.gov.au/customer_information/industry

NT Plumbers and Drainers Licensing Board www.worksafe.nt.gov.au

WA Department of Commerce https://www.commerce.wa.gov.au/energysafety/gasfitting-permit



You comment will be published within 24 hours.

Cancel reply
© Copyright 2017 Bizmatrix | Privacy Policy | Sitemap
Call Now Button