- By Darrel Vecchio
- In Diesel Fitters-Restricted electrical, FAQs, Mechanical fitters-Restricted electrical, Restricted electrical Licence no call of trade, Restricted Electrical- Fitters
The Restricted Electrical Licence Course is open those looking to up-skill and gain a Restricted Electrical Licence in relation to their mechanical fitter and or Diesel Fitter qualifications skill set.
I am a qualified fitter/ mechanical fitter, diesel fitter and turner with a Certificate III in fitting/ mechanical fitting only , how do I get a restricted electrical licence !
Who can do it?
Qualified mechanical fitters- Must have a Certificate III in fitting or equivalent
Eligible for all units as below, this will depend on your training permit and needs eligibility
- Disconnect and reconnect Disconnect – reconnect motors connected to low voltage installation wiring
- Attach Plugs and cords
How to get a Restricted Electrical Licence as a mechanical fitter !
1-Get your Training Permit (1st ) First
– You are required to have a Training permit from the Queensland Electrical Safety Office.
– Find out how to make an application for your restricted electrical permit here.
Permit application requirements.
– Certificate III in fitting
– Your need to do incidental electrical work as a fitter/ disconnect and reconnect motors only
– Required a letter from your employer or a (statutory Declaration if self employed) which needs to list the appliances in your call of trade and the voltages and why you need an electrical licence.
Note: You can only disconnect and reconnect motors only !
WHAT CAN YOU DO AS A RESTRICTED ELECTRICAL LICENCED MECHANICAL FITTER
– Only disconnect & Reconnect motors
– Disconnect and reconnect Motors 250 VAC or (up to 415VAC if there is a need)
– Replacement of the appliance like for like
– Test and tag appliances
2-Got the Permit- Now the Electrical training at Bizmatrix.
RESTRICTED ELECTRICAL LICENCE COURSE
Those who hold a restricted electrical permit can complete this training course (obtained through the Queensland Electrical Safety Office), permit application can be made here. Only those with a base trade or calling as listed here are eligible otherwise if you have 5 years or more of unstructured experience. These units are selected from the UEE30811 Certificate III in Electrotechnology Electrician.
Find out how to make an application for your restricted electrical permit here.
The training delivery time will vary; it will depend on the quantity of electrical units that student receives on their permit.
When you have your permit- then sign up for your course.
|OPTION 1-MECHANICAL FITTERS – SKILL SET- Ideal for MECHANICAL FITTERS seeking a restricted electrical Only MOTORS Disconnect and reconnect 250VAC||$1,990 GST Free|
+ $200 Option
|Option 2- MECHANICAL FITTERS SKILL SET – MOTORS – Disconnect/Reconnect /Locate Rectify 415VAC||$2,600 GST Free|
|5. Add Attach Cords and Plugs 230Vac $200 UEENEEP024A + Logbook||+ $200 Option|
The Restricted Electrical Training Process at Bizmatrix
Step 1: E-learning online components approximately 3-4 days of online theory
Step 2: Face to Face Training :Once E-Learning is complete, students will come onsite for 3-6 days of comprehensive practical training at Bizmatrix Training Centre, Brendale.
The student must complete the online training within 3 months and attend the practical within a month after completing the online training- the E-learning and face-to-face training must be completed not prior to 2 months and within 6 months.
Step 3: The Logbooks : An on the job logbook is to be completed after attending practical in class training. If the student does not have a supervisor able to sign them off,
Bizmatrix can provide institutional log book experience at an extra cost.
Step 4: The finale sign off : The completion process where you receive your Restricted electrical licence.
Information and registration sheet available when you register or follow this link – Bizmatrix restricted electrical training.
Alternatively just call us directly at 0457 595 888 or 1300 588 749 or email us at email@example.com