The advanced Type B gas/Design Industrial gas systems is ideally suited for anyone who wants to progress their skills and knowledge beyond the Type B gas qualification or require the unit for their progression from a Restricted Type B gas licence to an Advanced Type B gas licence. The unit also works well for Type B or Type A gas approval authorities or as a unit required in the Diploma of Hydraulic Design.
This unit is at Diploma level and will require the students to create a portfolio of works, including the use of electronic mediums, spreadsheets, CAD style drawings and more.
The CPCPPS5001B Design Industrial Gas Systems may contribute towards your application in becoming a Type B gas approval authority – to be able to approve Type B submissions.
You will expand from basic Type B gas systems through to more complex systems, which are not covered in the standard Type B Gas Course. For example you will learn additional information in hazardous areas, volatiles in certain applications, full modulation systems, ratio regulators, monitor regulators, complex valve trains with double block and bleed systems, leak detection, monitor regulator, zero regulator and modulating valves
Students will learn about design requirements, cost benefit analysis, statutory requirements, layout of pipework systems, fitting and valves, valve trains, system calculations and materials required, joining methods, pipe fixing, installation requirements, plans, commissioning and operation and maintenance manual.
This course is designed for those who are currently working in the Type B gas sector, who are Type B gas authorised or Restricted Type B gas licensed and have completed CPCPGS4023B Type B Gas Course or equivalent.
It is ideal for those employed in the industry, and are required to design, complete and submit the following:
• Type B gas submissions
• Approve Type B gas submissions
• Work on advanced Type B gas systems
• Create advanced industrial specifications
There are no pre-requisites for the unit CPCPPS5001B Design Industrial Gas Systems. It is highly recommended before undertaking this course that you:
• Have completed CPCPGS4023B Install, Commission and Service Type B Gas Appliances or an equivalent unit and/or have evidence of (or equivalent), install, commissioning and servicing of Type B gas appliances.
• Have solid knowledge of electrical gas control systems. Recognition of prior learning (RPL) consideration will be given to participants who may be eligible for it.
Note: Evidence for RPL will be required prior to the commencement of this course. Additional costs may apply for the RPL process.
Upon completion of CPCPPS5001B Design Industrial Gas Systems you will be able to work as an approval authority or designer of industrial gas systems.
• Be able to create templates for Type B gas submissions
• Be able to approve Type B gas submissions
• Have knowledge on advanced Type B gas systems
• Have knowledge on advanced gas industrial specifications
The course is solely delivered online which needs to be completed over a 4-8 month period.
Students are required to have completed the CPCPGS4023B Install, Commission and Service Type B gas unit as a pre-requisite to underpin their knowledge.
During the Advanced Type B gas training, you will be required to achieve assessment deadlines for each stage of the course.
You will have a maximum of 8 months from the start date to complete the course. There will be several design projects leading up to a final assessment.
Each stage will have a due date and one of the conditions of successfully passing the course , will be successfully meeting the due dates.
• Bizmatrix Pre-requisite students must have complete the Bizmatrix CPCPGS4023 online only first before commencing the advanced Type B gas
• Step 1: Online training and assessment – Block One- Assignment Project (1) One-desktop (within 2 months)
• Step 2: Online training and assessment – Block Two- Assignment Project (2) Two-desktop (within 1 month)
• Step 3: Online training and assessment – Block Three- Assignment Project (3) Three-desktop (within 1 month)
• Step 4: Final assignments (max 1 month)
To support your learning and education, Bizmatrix instructors will be making regular contact with you via our zoom video class room.
Before you book a course:
• Understand the online learning and assessment commences on enrolment.
• Plan your study periods and attendance to the regular virtual online classes
• Require a laptop computer with the necessary software as required.
• Allow at least 120 hrs to complete the online learning & assessments.
Check the due dates for the online learning and the assessments.
Enrolments now open: 2020/ 2021
ADVTBG-eLearning-2020 – Enrol at any time, the course completion dates are 6-8 months from your enrolment date.
The course has been redesigned as a online learning course with educator learner support via zoom online video classrooms. The program has strict due dates and finish date.