This training program is an interactive and in-depth approach for skills maintenance – Type A gas renewal. If you have let your gas licence lapse, you will be required to complete this training course in order to renew it.
It is important to continue to stay on top of industry changes whilst building your knowledge further in the gas industry. The training program will work to give you a new understanding of gas practices.
All of our trainers have been gas for over 30 years and are still working in the industry, also enabling you to build your network and interact directly with those working alongside with you in the industry, in a non-competitive manner.
The Trade Test Skills Refresher Maintenance course is designed for those looking to gain further knowledge in gas service installation, commissioning Type A appliances and Type A gas systems (Option 1 & 2) and wanting to complete their annual professional development training and updates.
Your Gas Licence expired less than 12 months ago, or you have delayed your appliance for you Gas Work Licence.
• If you have delayed your application for your Gas Work Licence, or it expired less than 12 months ago, then you can still apply for it.
• Your application needs to include the most current requirements as per the DNRM’s website.
• You will not be required to complete this training program.
Your Gas Licence expired more than 12 months ago, but less than five years ago.
• You will need to complete an assessment.
• You will need to provide the following copies of current qualifications – Certificate III in Gas Fitting, or Certificate III in Plumbing and Services with the specific units required.
• You will need to complete the evaluation kit and checklist.
• As well as an interview for skills gap analysis.
• If your qualifications and experience match requirements but are not current enough, you will need to complete the Gas Work Trade Test through Bizmatrix.
• This experience is to ensure your skills align with the most current gas licence requirements.
Your Gas Licence expired over five years ago.
If your gas licence expired over five years ago and your qualifications are no longer current you are:
• Not eligible to complete the Gas Work Trade Test
• Required to complete a gas assessment and evaluation
• You will need to complete a new licence application – therefore it’s likely you will have to undertake training for the Certificate III in Gas Fitting units to achieve the gas work interim licence.
To learn more about the Gas Work Trade Test program, refer to the full Certificate III in Gas Fitting course.
You want to update your skills
• If you simply would like to update your skills in this area, you are eligible to complete this training program.
You will require evidence of a current Certificate III in Gas Fitting and your qualifications must be in line with the current unit requirement.
After completing the Gas Fitter Trade Test and skills update course you will be able to apply for your full Gas Work Licence and continue working as a full Gas Fitter.
Successful trade test participants will receive:
• A Statement of Results
• Checklist with Certificate III in Gas Fitting evidence – in line with new requirements to support an application for a new Gas Work Licence – Interim
• Access to technical support and information and our online resource
• Access to the Australia Codes and Standards
• Discounted test equipment