Gas Work Licences- EXPIRED more than 12 months.
FAQ– Before you proceed your will be required to complete an assessment and provide the following information:
- – Certified copies of current Qulaifications- Either Certificate III in gas fitting or the Certificate III in plumbing with correct licence units required.
- – Complete the evaluation kit and checklist – then an interview to confirm any gaps in the above.
- – If you meet the qualifications and experience requirements but do not meet the currency requirement
- – you will need to pass the approved Gas Work Trade Test (the trade test) at a participating RTO before lodging an application. This is to check that your skills are current before gas licencing – accept your licence application.
Gas Work Licence holders or delayed applications for Gas Work Licences = expired time less than 12 months –
Answer – Apply for your Gas Work Licence – your application must include the current application requirements as listed on the Gas Licencing site . for more information go to gas licencing unit OR
Gas Work licence holders or delayed applications for Gas Work Licences – More than 12 months
Answer- To eligible for the trade test assessment – require the current Certificate III in Gasfitting or Certificate III in plumbing with the required gas licence units
IF yes to current qualifications- then required to complete a trade test & practical experience assessment as below.
The Type A Gas Trade Test / practical experience assessment–
Only Available to any expired Gas Work Licence- Interim or expired Gas Work Licence / licensed Gasfitter or Apprentice that never applied for an Interim Gas Licence who has evidence of a Current Qualification either a Certificate III in gas fitting or Certificate III in plumbing with the required gas licencing units.
Applicants of expired Gas Licences – ( No current Qualifications)
- – Not eligible for the trade test.
- – Required to complete a gap assessment and evaluation for a training plan.
- – Considered a new licence application- therefore will be required to provide a current Certificate III in Gas fitting or the requirements to achive the GWL Interim Licence.
Additionally, the Trade Test Skills Refresher Maintenance course is open to anyone with the correct qualifications to match the refresher trade test training unit, looking to gain further knowledge in gas service installation, commissioning Type A appliances and Type-A gas systems (Option 1 & 2) wanting to complete their annual professional development training and updates.
What will I get from this training program?
This training program is an interactive and in-depth approach for skills maintenance – Type A gas renewal. If you have let your gas licence lapse, you will be required to complete this training course in order to renew it. It is important to continue to stay on top of industry changes whilst building your knowledge further in the gas industry. The training program will work to give you a new understanding of gas practices.
All of our trainers have been gas for over 20 years and are still working in the industry, also enabling you to build your network and interact directly with those working alongside with you in the industry, in a non-competitive manner.